Monday, February 23, 2015

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

I'm backkkkk!  After another hiatus from my beloved blog, I felt compelled to write about what's new in the world of Erica.  First off, I have been a fiancee' now for about 6 months!  My hunny proposed to me on August 15th.  It was so beautiful and thoughtful!  Since then I have been planning away at this wedding.  The first week I was so motivated I almost lost my fiancee'--something about let's enjoy being engaged before we jump right into planning...Blah, blah, blah!  I guess he doesn't know how fast venues and photographers book up!  To appease him though, I stopped planning for a few weeks (after I booked the venue of course)! 

Then I met Tina.  Tina opened my mind to all things wedding and got me back on track with the planning--I just had to have her decorate and plan our wedding.  

Fast forward two months and I find the dress of my dreams; until I see the price!  Eek!  I began to think.  Do I LOVE this dress or do I love this dress?  So back to the drawing board.  2 1/2 months later I find my second dream dress and I know I can't get married without it.  Of course it costs more than the first dream dress though as my luck would have it--but the tears that rolled down my face when I looked in the mirror were priceless: and Ramen isn't THAT bad if you put hot sauce and soy sauce in it.

Who ever thought the hardest part of getting married would be finding a dress for someone else? After going back and forth and considering the opinions of everyone (that was my mistake) I finally picked a dress for them that I liked. I'm sure they will love it too!

So this is where I currently am in the planning process.  Save the Dates have been mailed, website is done (at least most of it) and rehearsal dinner location is booked.  Sounds like I've done a lot right?  I wish!  There is still a ton more to do including figure out what I am going to do with my hair since I BIG CHOPPED again!  I'm sure I will have more to update in the coming months.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment